“You can be gorgeous at thirty, charming at forty, and irresistible for the rest of your life”-Coco Chanel
As the famous fashion designer Coco Chanel said in the quote above, you can be beautiful and happy no matter your age or stage in life. In this article, we’ll show you how you can combat the effects of aging with gingival contouring. Gingival contouring is also known as gum contouring. We’ll also go over 3 of the things that you should know about this type of cosmetic dentistry.
Gingival Contouring-What Is It?
Gum contouring is when your gums are shaped for a better smile. For example, if you have gums that protrude, then gingival contouring will reshape your gums so that your gums are standing out so much. On the other hand, if your gums have receded, this type of contouring will restore your gums so that the teeth aren’t as prominent.
Now that you have a basic understanding of what gum contouring is, here are 3 things that you should know about it.
1. The process of gum contouring
The process of gingival contouring is based on the goal that you’re trying to achieve. Each goal will require a specific procedure. As we mentioned before, if you’re gums are too prominent, then your orthodontist will remove some of the gums. On the reverse, if you’re gums are receding, then the orthodontics will restore some of your gum tissue. To do both procedures, an orthodontic might use lasers or other tools.
At Bailey Orthodontics, we use laser gingival contouring to achieve the look that you want. Laser gingival contouring is the latest and most advanced way of recontouring. gums. This means unlike the traditional method of cutting and stitching the gums, the laser gingival contouring is less painful and more efficient. We’ll say more about this in the benefits section of this article.
When you come into our office for a consultation, we’ll also go over what specific procedure we’ll need to do to get the beautiful and healthy smile that you want.
2. The benefits of gingival contouring
There are many benefits of gingival contouring. Here are some of those benefits:
- Laser gingival treatment can protect and restore the health of your gums. If your gums are unhealthy and need better treatment, then laser gingival treatment can remove the tartar and other issues associated with the gums.
- Gum contouring can help your smile and the look of your teeth. For example, if you’re feeling embarrassed to smile because you feel like your gums are too noticeable, then a laser gingival contouring can help with this issue.
- Laser gingival contouring is less painful than traditional gum contouring. With laser gum contouring, there’s no cutting and stitching involved. Instead, your orthodontist will use a laser to achieve the best results.
- Laser gingival contouring is easier to recover from. After getting laser gingival contouring, you can go back to doing your daily activities within the same day of the treatment. That’s because patients typically recover quickly from laser gum contouring.
3. The safety of gingival contouring
Gum contouring is very safe and very effective. Because Bailey Orthodontics uses the latest technology to contour your teeth, gingival contouring tends to be less painful and harmful than traditional gum contouring.
Bailey Orthodontics: Advanced Orthodontics for the 21st Century
At Bailey Orthodontics, we use the latest technology and research to achieve the look and outcome that you want. If you’re in the state of Utah, we can help answer your questions and concerns regarding your teeth and gums.
Reach out to us at 801-292-122 for a consultation with one of our amazing orthodontists. During your consultation, your orthodontist will address any questions or concerns that you may have.