When considering orthodontic treatment, you notice the same treatments everywhere. Braces and aligners are the most common, in addition to other orthodontic appliances. The Carriere Motion Appliance may be something new and unheard of for you.
As we learn more about the mouth and science progresses, we learn more about effective treatment options. The Carriere Motion Appliance is one such advancement and can take the place of headgear in orthodontic treatment. Here’s what you need to know about it.
What Is The Carriere Motion Appliance?
The Carriere Motion 3D Appliance is an orthodontic treatment method that utilizes the latest advanced technology in orthodontics. It’s a fixed appliance that is used to correct overbite jaw discrepancies with removable elastics. It’s very small and discreet, and can be comfortable to wear.
It’s used as a first stage in orthodontic treatment, meant to jumpstart your treatment and reduce the length of it. It’s generally used for about 3 to 5 months, but the actual length of treatment varies on a case-by-case basis.
Since it’s a first step in orthodontic treatment, the Carriere Motion Appliance is followed by braces or aligners, which will then complete your treatment. The Carriere Motion Appliance doesn’t sacrifice effectiveness for its quickness and aesthetics, but combines the three, making for an excellent first step as a treatment option in orthodontic care.
How Does The Carriere Motion Appliance Work?
This orthodontic treatment option works at the beginning of the treatment process to move your molars in a process called distalization. It rotates and uprights the first molars while moving the canines or premolars to molars into the correct position. It does this through applying a light consistent pressure to the teeth so that they can move independently as a unit.
What Are The Benefits Of The Carriere Motion Appliance?
The Carriere Motion Appliance has a number of benefits. They include the following.
- As a first step in treatment, it prepares your teeth for braces and aligners, and as such, can shorten the amount of time you spend in those.
- Since it is small and discreet, this means that it is less noticeable than other orthodontic appliances can be, making it easier to feel less self-conscious about having treatment done.
- It is also quite easy to wear due to the sleek, low profile design. It doesn’t affect how you talk, and it won’t irritate the inside of your mouth.
- Since it’s easy to wear and small, it also doesn’t affect the difficulty of oral hygiene as a whole, making it easy to keep brushing your teeth as usual.
- It gets elastics out of the way early on before you get the chance to dread them, using them as the beginning of the treatment process.
- It can replace headgear, meaning that instead of needing a bulky appliance that goes outside of your mouth, you have a small and comfortable appliance inside your mouth that is far less noticeable.
Why The Two Step Process?
You may wonder why bother with the Carriere Motion Appliance at all if you are still going to need braces or aligners after the fact. Wouldn’t it be better to just do braces or aligners from the start?
This appliance greatly reduces your treatment time, which is why orthodontists use it. It’s a great alternative to surgery or headgear. It’s highly effective, and can cut treatment time in half, due to how it prepares the teeth for braces or aligners. Through correcting your bite before moving into the rest of the alignment process, it makes the treatment process go faster and smoother.
Is The Carriere Motion Appliance An Option For You?
Bailey Orthodontics uses the Carriere Motion Appliance as a first step in orthodontic treatment for some patients. If you are curious about if it is an option for you, you can schedule a consultation and our expert orthodontists will advise you on the best treatment options for you, personally. For more information about the Carriere Motion Appliance or to schedule an appointment, please contact us at Bailey Orthodontics today!